Losing weight has always been Holy Grail for all those who are obese like me. I like most of us always wanted to lose weight and look fit and fine, fit into those sleek dresses which makes me look elegant. I have tried everything that is possible to shed that excess pounds, but it has not been easy. I had to worry about my jobs, then home, Kids and husband after taking care of all of them I had no time for myself to do serious work outs. Then I decided to get some help, started surfing throughout internet and realized some things, I put everything I learnt and devised a new exercise schedule, which was not only suitable but also very reasonable for a person like me and believe it or not I have shed 20 kg within 4 months.

It was all a matter of discipline and commitment to a couple of basic yet sound physical fitness principles that make losing weight a very easy thing to do.

First, knowledge of theories is important. There are fundamentals that need to be fully understood before anything else, and knowledge of these makes you want to lose weight even more. Equally important is a total understanding of the state of being obese. On the shallow side, we look at it as being fat, outrageously lacking in proportion, and simply not good to look at. But on a more serious note, obesity breeds orthopedic disorders, sexual dysfunction, sleep apnea, and even life-threatening illnesses such as diabetes and heart ailments. What causes obesity is still not exactly determined, but some experts have shown that it takes place when there is an imbalance between a persons food intake and the amount of energy expended. A person whose body mass index falls outside of the height to weight ratios normal range " 18 to 24 kg/m2 " is regarded as obese.

Next, you should be knowledgeable about the ways of combating obesity. This is done through diet and exercise. For most people, going on a diet seems like a feat thats almost impossible to accomplish. Let me show you how I hurdled this daunting task. Instead of going for three major meals a day, I opted for 5 to 6 meals. First, I make sure to have a hearty breakfast. During the middle of the day, I take on an apple with either green vegetable salad or carrots. These make for good substitutes for what I used to eat for lunch and are very effective in dampening my hunger throughout the day. Now for the coolest part of my diet " its black coffee for me! Thats right, no milk. It may sound rather trivial, but it actually helped a great deal in reducing my fat and calories consumption, and got me going for the long haul.


More Article: